Saturday, January 12, 2008

Utah Trip

We had a very good time on our trip to Utah. It was so nice to see people that we don't get to see very often. We spent Christmas Eve and New Years Eve with the Rimmasch family(my mom's side of the family.) We also had to make an extra trip to Uncle Kory's house because I learned they had Guitar Hero, which I had never tried before. I was hooked immediately! I want to get that game as soon as possible!
We saw lots of friends, and we even saw some friends that we knew from Michigan. The Clark's, the Humpherys, and the Dahle's(Who were visiting from St. Louis.).
I got to go skiing, which was one of my priorities while I was there. I went with my brother Chris's almost-fiancee Chantelle(we're just waiting for the proposal), and had a good time getting to know her.
We also got to eat at all of our favorite places in Salt Lake. Rodizio's, California Pizza Kitchen, Hot Dog on a Stick, Teriyaki Stix, the Grub Box, Ken's Sandwich Shop. I had some Dunford Donuts from 7-11. Jordan made it to the La Caille Noodle House. And I got a Cinnabon at the airport, which completed my SLC food journey.
Jordan got to go to four Utah Jazz games, and I attended the last one with him. That was a blast. My parents were awesome, because they were so willing to watch the boys so we could go do things. Thanks to them and Uncle Steven. The boys loved watching him play Zelda.
We got to talk to Andy on Christmas Day. He is serving a mission in Germany, and seems to be loving every minute of it. It was really nice to talk to him. We sure missed having him there. But, he did leave some stick figure drawings around the house, so we had reminders of him. :)


This Superman caused quite a commotion on Christmas morning. It is actually Mason's. Miles had received a Batman just like it minutes earlier, and LOVED it. Until Mason got Superman. Miles no longer liked Batman, and quickly took over Superman. Grandma and Grandpa ended up going to Toys R Us the next day so they could get Miles a Superman of his own.

Grandma and Grandpa Rimmasch

Vance ending up having his own Christmas morning. He slept VERY bad the night before, and in the morning we decided to let him sleep in.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Welcome back!

When you get Guitar Hero, let me know. I hear so many raves about it, I want to try it sometime.

I know a Dahle. Are they all related? It isn't a very common name is it?

I never was good at skiing. I was too chicken. Pathetic since I grew up in the mountains by Taos.

Is that the same La Caille that has peacocks running around and is at the top of a hill? That place was yummy!