Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My award winning cooking

That's right my friends, your eyes do not deceive you.  One of the world's worst cooks has won a cooking award.  I ventured to make a chili for this years ward chili cook-off, and won for... the most unique chili!  I took my enchilada recipe, which is my one speciality, and turned it into a chili.  I thought it was pretty good, and others must have too, because every last drop was gone!  It's a miracle!

11 comments:

Becky said...

That's great! I would like to have tried it. I made chili for those cook offs and I never won anything. Though, I am not a great fan of chili and beans, so I made it how I like it, without beans. Maybe that was my problem. At least I liked it and that's all that matters :) You should if you're willing, share your recipe on your blog. Unless, which I understand, it is your new secret recipe for success in the ward chili cook off.

Missy said...

Yeah, I'd love the recipe! I didn't know which one was yours or any of the other winners', actually!

Melisa said...

The missionaries said it was awesome. You should post the recipe. :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations! The idea is great and I'll bet the chili was wonderful. Will you post or email your recipe? We love chili at our house and I'd love to try your ward-famous brand. I agree with Becky, though, somethings are better kept secret, especially when they garner awards. :)

Miriam said...

Good Job!!! It sure feels good to do something and have other people like it. I'm glad you won. You deserve to win with everything.

rymiembeal said...

Awesome! You give others like you...(me) hope! And I agree with the others...where is that recipe?!

Rachel said...

Congrats! I guess you're not as bad a cook as you thought :)

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I wish we could have been there to try it. See you sunday

bonnieb said...

Hello Elaine!!! How are you? Congrats on your Chili that's awesome! I'm glad you found me, I'm not that great at the whole blog thing..lol, but maybe it'll get better! Thank you for your sweet words, I'm taking a day at a time and counting my blessings. I love going to the Temple, I go every Tuesday. I was able to go to the Manti Temple today to see my Mom's Sister Ruthann be Sealed to her new husband Carl, it was AWESOME to say the least.
I hope this finds you well, and your family, the kids have grown so much! Ryan and Pam are having a boy this month..I'm so excited for them!
Tell your Mom and Dad HI back!!
Love ya!!

amberd. said...

hahah! Awesome Elaine. I never win those things. Moslty, I think it's because I just bring store bought chili.

Anonymous said...

Who's the best?!?! You are!